Nursing Home Abuse
Incidents of nursing home abuse by trusted care providers in the United States should not happen.Vulnerable patients who live in nursing homes deserve better and you deserve to know your loved one is cared for in a compassionate manner.At Grimes & Teich, LLP we are committed to nursing home reform.We are ready to help you if you suspect that someone you love is a victim of nursing home abuse in North Carolina or South Carolina.
If you suspect abuse, please contact Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP immediately and ask for a free consultation with a North Carolina or South Carolina nursing home abuse attorney.Grimes Teich Anderson has several conveniently located law offices in North Carolina and South Carolina. Call (800) 533-6845 or fill out our FREE online consultation formSigns of Nursing Home Abuse
A Grimes Teich Anderson a nursing home abuse lawyer will help you choose the best legal option to help your loved one. If necessary, our North Carolina and South Carolina nursing home neglect attorneys will work with experts gather evidence of nursing home abuse or neglect. If the nursing home refuses to reach a settlement agreement out of court, Grimes Teich Anderson may need to file suit so a judge decide your case.Physical Signs of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect:
- Open wounds or cuts
- Welts or bruises
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss
- Torn clothing
- Broken or missing personal items
- Bruises suggesting the use of restraints
- Lice, fleas, or dirt on a resident's body or in the resident's room
- Urine/fecal smells
- Unusually pale skin coloring
- Poor hygiene
- Health problems that are being neglected
- A nursing home resident's medication dosage changes suddenly.
- The temperature at the nursing home is too cold or too hot.
- A caregiver cannot properly explain a resident's physical condition.
- A resident is allowed to leave the nursing home due to inadequate supervision.
- The nursing home staff won't let family see a resident alone.
A careless nursing staff is more likely to create an environment where nursing home abuse or neglect can occur.Grimes Teich Anderson Represents The People That Need Our Help The Most: