Gaffney, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation
Gaffney, South Carolina grew from roots in industrial labor and transportation, and the town proves that hard work is the backbone of any community. Today, Gaffney is a thriving haven for agriculture, art, and history. The giant Peachoid Water Tower and highly active farmer’s market stand as everyday testaments to Gaffney’s time-tested commitment to farming. Gaffney is now home to many locations that are members of the National Register of Historic Places, and the vivid local culture shines through many nights of live music and countless beautiful crafts. It is the people’s force of character that makes Gaffney a special place, and it is their role as workers that supports Gaffney’s many thriving cultures.So if these critical workers are hurt on the job, what can they do?
In Gaffney and throughout South Carolina, the workers’ compensation system seeks to help injured workers receive medical treatment and wage replacement hassle-free while they are out of work. Unfortunately the system isn’t perfect, and this does not always happen.
If you have been injured on the job, a lawyer might be essential to help protect your rights. The attorneys at Grimes Teich Anderson LLP in Gaffney are experienced in workers’ compensation law and they know how to protect your interests.How Do I Know If I need An Attorney?
If your case regards a minor injury and work absences span a few days or weeks, your company's insurance company may be able to process your workers' compensation claim quickly and easily. If your injury is serious, though, or there is a dispute about your claim or how much money the insurance company owes you, an experienced workers' compensation lawyer is crucial in helping to protect your rights and making sure you receive the benefits you are entitled to. The insurance company and its attorneys will look out for your employer; you need an experienced workers comp attorney to protect your interests.
The South Carolina workers’ compensation system is complicated. While we try to help you avoid legal confrontation whenever possible, sometimes it might be necessary to represent you in hearings before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and further to the Appellate Courts.
The goal of the Gaffney workers’ compensation lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson is to help you obtain the maximum benefits you are entitled to receive to help you in your situation.
On-the-job injuries can place financial strain on families of workers who are no longer able to pay household bills. If you can’t work, aren’t receiving proper medical treatment, aren’t receiving your out-of-work benefits, or simply feel unsure of the Workers’ Compensation process, it is important that you contact Grimes Teich Anderson in Gaffney for a free case evaluation.What Kinds of Benefits Am I Entitled To Receive?
The Workers’ Compensation system in South Carolina provides benefits for an injured worker including:
- Medical Benefits, including hospital bills, doctor’s fees, medication, surgeries, medical devices, and therapy.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from appointments.
- Out-of-Work benefits for injured workers unable to work for more than seven days.
- Disability benefits for permanent disability or wage loss suffered as a result of your on-the-job accident.
Those whose injuries are so severe that they can never return to work again may be entitled to receive lifetime medical benefits and compensation for their permanent and total disability.In Addition:
You could be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits even if you are the one who caused your injury.
- You may be eligible to receive benefits for a particular injury even if you had a previous injury in that same area.
- You may be owed workers' compensation for scarring, disfigurement, and permanent injuries.
- Tell your employer right away and make sure an incident report is written. (This report should detail exactly how you were hurt and exactly what parts of your body were hurt.)
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Call Grimes Teich Anderson LLP and ask one of our Gaffney workers' compensation lawyers for information on filing a claim.
- Keep track of all expenses associated with your injury.
- Keep a record of the number of days you are unable to work.
- DO NOT discuss your case on social media websites, including but not limited to Facebook, MySpace and/or Twitter
Please visit the South Carolina Industrial Commission at www.wcc.state.sc.us.FREE CASE EVALUATION
Were you injured at work? Contact Grimes Teich Anderson today at (800) 533-6845 and ask for your free consultation with a Gaffney workers' compensation attorney. You may also complete a free case evaluation form online.
Grimes Teich Anderson LLP has law offices located in Gaffney, Spartanburg and Greenville, South Carolina and offices in Asheville, Waynesville, Rutherfordton, Spruce Pine, and Franklin, North Carolina.