Motorcycle and Scooter Accidents
Thousands of people in North and South Carolina use motorcycles as a uniquely cost-efficient and liberating means of transportation. Unfortunately, operating a motorcycle on the roads of North and South Carolina also poses a unique risk for motorcycle riders. Drivers in automobiles often do not look out for the motorcyclist, and the motorcyclist is in an especially vulnerable position compared to the drivers of cars and trucks. Those who ride motorcycles often suffer injuries more severe than those injuries suffered by people involved in accidents while operating automobiles. These injures can include road rash, lacerations, head trauma, and serious spinal cord injuries, among others.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle collision, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries. To help you seek the compensation you may deserve, you should contact the motorcycle accident lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson LLP today.What Kinds of Recovery can I Receive as a Result of My Motorcycle Accident?
You may be entitled to compensation for the value of your motorcycle, medical treatments, lost wages, pain and suffering, and long term care needs. In addition, if the motorcycle crash victim has been injured so that a spouse has been deprived of his or her companionship and care, you may also be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium. Finally, if the worst has happened and your loved one has died in a motorcycle accident or wreck because of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover for the wrongful death of that loved one.Why do I Need a Motorcycle Accident/Wreck Attorney?
There is a common misperception that motorcyclists cause most motorcycle accidents or collisions. It is important that the accident scene be fully investigated. Therefore, it is important that you contact a motorcycle collision lawyer who is experienced with motorcycle accidents as soon as possible to help ensure that a comprehensive investigation of the motorcycle accident be carried out to determine what happened. The motorcycle accident and wreck attorneys at Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP, know how to evaluate the circumstances surrounding a motorcycle accident or wreck to help determine who is at fault.
The laws governing the operation of motorcycles are also complex and unique in North and South Carolina motorcycle accident litigation. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Grimes Teich Anderson LLP are familiar with the laws that govern motorcycle accidents and know what legal rights you have if you are injured in a motorcycle wreck.
We will not collect any attorney's fee for our services unless we obtain your compensation for you. Contact Grimes Teich Anderson LLP today for a free case evaluation and for answers to your questions.What should I do if I am involved in a motorcycle accident?
- Get emergency medical help immediately.
- Remain at the scene (unless you require immediate medical attention), and contact the police.
- Collect information from the other driver(s). This should include their names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate, driver’s license, and insurance information.
- If possible, take photographs of the scene, including damage to the motorcycle and other vehicles, and any injuries. Also try to take notes about the scene and events while they are still fresh in your mind.
- Call Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP and ask one of our North or South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers.
- Keep track of expenses associated with your injury.
- Keep a record of the number of days you are unable to work, if any.
- DO NOT discuss the accident with anyone but the officer. Ask the officer for his or her business card and the incident number so that you can obtain a copy of the accident report.
- DO NOT admit fault, apologize, or offer to pay medical bills.
- If you are taken into custody, do not make any statements to the police without the presence of your motorcycle accident attorney from Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP.
- DO NOT discuss your case on any social media websites such as Facebook MySpace or Twitter.
- When you leave the scene, get medical attention as soon as possible. Remember, even serious medical conditions may not be immediately apparent. It is important that you seek treatment as soon as you can so that a medical professional can determine if you have been injured in the accident.
Insurance companies’ primary loyalty is to their investors, policyholders, and insureds. This fact means that their goal is either not to pay a claim at all or to pay as little as possible. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, under the law you may have the right to be “made whole,” that is, put back where you would have been in if the motorcycle accident had not occurred. Although insurance companies may offer to pay you some compensation, they usually do not offer you sufficient compensation to make you whole. It is important to keep this fact in mind and realize that the offer an insurance company makes may often be far less than the compensation you may be entitled to.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson LLP have negotiated motorcycle accident settlements with insurance companies and can help you get you the full compensation you may deserve under the law. Whether it is by settling the case or by taking the case to trial, Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP, will pursue your claim as far as reasonably necessary to seek the full compensation that you may be entitled to under the law.