Spartanburg, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation
The city of Spartanburg, South Carolina prides itself on being a community of achievers and doers, people who make things happen. Once known as "the Hub City" because of the many transportation routes through the city, Spartanburg now hosts an impressive array of national and international corporations with large work forces. Like most cities, Spartanburg wouldn’t operate without the dedication of its workforce. Spartanburg has long had an impressive line of large and small manufacturers and other employers, including Milliken, BMW, GE, Michelin, Adidas and Spartanburg Regional Health System. These companies employ the men and women who build and maintain the infrastructure, work in the manufacturing plants, the airport and teach in the schools, among other things. These workers make things happen.But What Happens to Them if They are Injured on the Job?
In Spartanburg and the rest of South Carolina, the workers’ compensation system is meant to provide injured workers a hassle free way to get medical treatment and be able to receive wage replacement while they are out of work. The problem is that doesn’t always happen.
If you have been injured on the job, you may need a lawyer to help protect your interests. The attorneys at Grimes Teich Anderson LLP in Spartanburg know the workers compensation law and they know how to protect your rights.How do I Know if I need an Attorney?
If your case involves a minor injury and absences from work spanning a couple of weeks, your company's insurance company could process your workers' compensation claim quickly and easily. However, if the injury is serious or there is a dispute about your claim or the amount of money you are owed, you will need an experienced workers' compensation lawyer. The insurance company and its attorneys will look out for the interest of your employer, and you need an experienced workers comp attorney to protect your interests.
The South Carolina workers’ compensation system is complicated. While we try to help you avoid unnecessary controversy, sometimes we will need to represent you in hearings before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and further to the Appellate Courts, if necessary.
It's the goal of the Spartanburg workers’ compensation lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson is to help you obtain the maximum benefits that you are entitled to receive.
On the job injuries can cause financial hardships for families of workers who are no longer to pay household bills because of an on the job injury. If you are out of work, not receiving proper medical treatment, not receiving your out of work benefits, or feel unsure of the Workers’ Compensation process, it is important that you contact the Spartanburg Workers’ Compensation lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson for a free case evaluation.What Kinds of Benefits am I Entitled to Receive?
The Workers’ Compensation system in South Carolina provides benefits for an injured worker including:
- Medical Benefits including hospital bills, doctor’s fees, medication, surgeries, medical devices, and therapy.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from appointments.
- Out of Work benefits for injured workers unable to work for more than seven days.
- Disability benefits for any permanent disability or wage loss as a result of your on the job accident.
A person who is so severely injured that they can never return to work again may be entitled to receive lifetime medical benefits and compensation for the their permanent and total disability.In Addition:
You could be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits even if you are the one who caused your injury
- You may be eligible to receive benefits for a particular injury even if you had a previous injury in that same area.
- You may be owed workers' compensation for scarring, disfigurement, and permanent injuries.
- Tell your employer right away and be sure an incident report is written and that it states exactly how you were hurt and exactly what parts of your body were hurt.
- Get medical help immediately.
- Call Grimes Teich Anderson LLP and ask one of our Spartanburg, SC workers' compensation lawyers for information on how to file a claim.
- Keep track of expenses associated with your injury.
- Keep a record of the number of days you are unable to work.
- DO NOT discuss your case on social media websites, such as Facebook, MySpace or Twitter
Please visit the South Carolina Industrial Commission at www.wcc.state.sc.us.FREE CASE EVALUATION
Were you injured at work in Spartanburg, South Carolina? Contact Grimes Teich Anderson today at 800.533.6845 and ask for your free consultation to speak with a Spartanburg workers' compensation attorney. You may also complete our free case evaluation form online.
Grimes Teich Anderson LLP has law offices located in Spartanburg, Greenville and Gaffney, South Carolina and Asheville, Waynesville, Rutherfordton, Spruce Pine and Franklin, North Carolina.