Anna is a North Carolina native who has been practicing law for more than 25 years. She received a B.A. in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1991, and her law degree from George Washington University in 1994. She first became licensed to practice law in Virginia in 1994, followed by Washington, D.C. in 1995.
In 1996, she returned to North Carolina and has been practicing here ever since. She is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law and concentrates her practice in the areas of Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability.
Anna is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®, the facilitator of a peer review ratings process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards. Anna is also included in the 2018-2023 editions of Best Lawyers In America® for Workers Compensation Law-Claimants and is included on the list of North Carolina Super Lawyers® for 2015-2016, 2018-2023.
Anna is currently in her third term as North Carolina State Bar Councilor for Buncombe County. She also serves as a Mountain Area Volunteer Attorney, representing people who are seeking Medicaid for the disabled. In the past, she has served as president of the WNC Chapter of the N.C. Association of Women Attorneys; as a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Medico-Legal Liason Committee; as treasurer and a board member of Pisgah Legal Services; on the board of Hanger Hall School for Girls; and on the board of Pathways, Life After Cancer.
Anna is a Member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association. She is a sustaining member of the Junior League of Asheville and a member of the DAR, Ruth Davidson Chapter. Before joining Grimes Teich Anderson LLP, she was a partner at Broker and Hamrick, PA.
She lives in Asheville with her husband and two daughters.
- J.D., George Washington University School of Law, 1994
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1991
- North Carolina, 1996
- United States District Court
- Western District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia (inactive), 1995
- Virginia (inactive), 1994
- Buncombe County Bar Association
Executive Committee, 2000-2003
- WNC Chapter of the NC Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
Workers’ Compensation and Disability Advocacy Sections Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants
- North Carolina State Bar
State Bar Councilor, Publications Editorial Board, Former Advisory Member
- NCBA Medico-Legal Liaison Committee
- Mountain Area Volunteers
- Best Lawyers In America® Workers' Compensation Law - Plaintiffs 2018-2024
- Super Lawyers® North Carolina - Workers' Compensation 2015-2016, 2018-2023
If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident in North Carolina or South Carolina, contact Grimes Teich Anderson LLP today and request your free case evaluation.
Grimes Teich Anderson LLP has law offices located in Asheville, Rutherfordton, Waynesville and Spruce Pine, North Carolina and in Greenville and Spartanburg, South Carolina. Call Grimes Teich Anderson today at 800-769-0076 or complete our free case evaluation form online.
*Every case is different and may have a different result.