Asheville Workers'
Compensation Lawyers

Asheville Workers' Compensation Attorneys

We Handle Your Case, So You Focus on Healing. Contact the Asheville Workers’ Comp Attorneys at Grimes Teich Anderson Today.

A workplace injury can turn your world upside down. Time off work can lead to missed paychecks and jeopardize your financial standing. That’s where we come in. At Grimes Teich Anderson, we’ve seen firsthand the devastating effects of work injuries on people and their families. We approach each case like we would our own and offer experienced legal representation to preserve your rights as an employee.

If you've suffered an injury on the job in North Carolina, we’re here to help. Call our office today at 800-533-6845 or complete our free case evaluation form online to speak with one of our workers' compensation attorneys for free.

How To File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in North Carolina

When filing a workers' compensation claim in North Carolina, an injured employee should take the following steps as outlined by The North Carolina Industrial Commission:

  1. Report the injury to your employer and seek medical attention from their recommended provider.
  2. Explain to the healthcare provider about your injury and how it occurred at work. You should also provide them with the name of your employer so they can bill your treatment as a workers' compensation claim.
  3. Inform your manager or supervisor of your work-related injury as soon as possible.
  4. Provide your employer with written notice of your injury within 30 days after the accident, and make sure to include the date, time, and a brief description of the accident. Make a copy and keep it for your records.
  5. Follow the doctor's medical recommendations to help with your recovery.

An injured employee must also fill out and send a form to the NC Industrial Commission using the following email address - Below is a list of some of the available forms:

  • Form 18 - this is the first form an employee should submit after an injury on the job. It must be filled out completely and submitted in a timely manner.
  • Form 18B - this is used for claims involving lung disease such as asbestosis, silicosis, and byssinosis.
  • Form 18M - this should be completed by employees that want to apply for Additional Medical Compensation.

Who’s Covered by Workers’ Compensation in North Carolina?

The North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act states that all businesses* employing three or more employees must carry workers’ compensation insurance or qualify as self-insured employers to pay workers’ compensation benefits to their employees. This includes those that operate as corporations, sole proprietorships, limited liability companies, and partnerships.

*Exceptions to this requirement include:

  • Employees of certain railroads;
  • Casual employees;
  • Domestic servants employed directly through the household;
  • Farm laborers when the employer regularly employs fewer than ten full-time, non-seasonal farm laborers;
  • Federal government employees in North Carolina; and
  • Sellers of agricultural products for the producers thereof on commission or other compensation, paid by the producers, provided the product is prepared for sale by the producer.

What To Do If My Workers' Compensation Claim Is Denied

If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, consult a reputable workers’ compensation attorney to determine the next steps. Call the Asheville, North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers at Grimes Teich Anderson at 800-533-6845 or complete our free case evaluation form online to schedule a free consultation.

When Will I Start Receiving Workers’ Compensation Payments in North Carolina?

Lost wages compensation will start after seven (7) days of your lost time unless the disability exceeds 21 days. So, your first paycheck will not include payments from the first week of becoming disabled. You will only receive payments for those days if the disability continues past 21 days.

Who Can Attend a Workers’ Compensation Deposition in North Carolina?

You, your workers’ compensation lawyer, the lawyer taking your deposition, and a court reporter will attend your workers’ compensation deposition in North Carolina.

We Protect Workers’ Rights in Asheville, North Carolina

Workers’ compensation claims are complex and challenging to navigate alone. When you’re hurt at work, you need sound legal advice to protect your best interests. However, in the case of a severe injury or dispute about your claim or the amount of money you are owed, you don’t just need a lawyer – you need an advocate.

At Grimes Teich Anderson, we pride ourselves on our unique ability to serve each client with personalized attention, compassion, and top-quality legal advice. For over 40 years, our law firm has helped clients recover the compensation they are entitled to for their workplace injuries. Let us help you too.

Contact us today by filling out and submitting a contact form below or calling our office toll-free at 800-533-6845 for a free legal consultation.

535 College St. Asheville, NC 28801

"I made a wise decision in choosing Grimes Teich Anderson to handle my personal injury claim. I would recommend them to anyone who finds themselves battling an insurance company that doesn’t care that you’re injured and in a bind. Great job guys."

Paul W.


"Great experience having GTA handle my case. I will recommend them to all my friends and family. Very professional and knowledgeable about workers compensation law."

Rusty G.


"What a great group to work with. Grimes Teich Anderson are very knowledgeable and take the time to go over everything and explain the process clearly to make sure you get the most you deserve. I highly recommend this firm."

Colleen M.


Fighting For Your Legal Rights, Right By Your Side. Contact Our Law Offices Today.

To fully recover from an accident, you need an aggressive legal team that does not rest until they get the results you want and need. At Grimes Teich Anderson, our experienced team remains available to you 24/7. If you have questions about an injury or disability matter, contact us today.

Send a Message

* Required
Contact Form - Condensed

No attorney client relationship is formed with the submission of this contact form. Privacy Policy.

Office location map

We have multiple locations in the Carolinas to serve you

Grimes Teich Anderson offers free injury consultations and can get started on your case electronically.


535 College St,
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 251-0800

Personal Injury Fax:
(828) 210-0178

Workers' Comp Fax:
(828) 236-9200


244 Porter St Suite D,
Franklin, NC 28734
(828) 564-2488

Personal Injury Fax:
(828) 210-0178

Workers' Comp Fax:
(828) 236-9200


117 Laurel Dr,
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
(828) 286-1033

Personal Injury Fax:
(828) 210-0178

Workers' Comp Fax:
(828) 236-9200


12474 NC-226,
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
(828) 766-7700

Personal Injury Fax:
(828) 210-0178

Workers' Comp Fax:
(828) 236-9200


385 N Haywood St,
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828) 452-7888

Personal Injury Fax:
(828) 210-0178

Workers' Comp Fax:
(828) 236-9200


111 E North St,
Greenville, SC 29601

Phone: (864) 421-0770
Fax: (877) 518-0107

*Each case is different, so not all information on this website, as well as some which may not be provided, will apply to every case. Because the facts and relevant laws are different from case to case, Grimes Teich Anderson does not guarantee that the outcome, results, or experiences with one lawyer or one case will be similar to another.

Except for Employment Law Cases, Attorney's fees are a percentage of the entire recovery and will be deducted before other expenses. In addition to the fee in these cases, Client will be responsible for litigation expenses, which will either be deducted from the recovery or paid by the client. Some Employment Law Cases may be handled on a contingency fee basis and others handled on an hourly basis, where the client is billed for the hours spent on the case. Based on our experience, we will advise you of the most appropriate fee arrangement in Employment Law cases.

Material on this website is for information purposes and is not legal advice.

Scroll to Top
Skip to content